Another moment to remember

We had our Primary Program today at church.  Frankie was very excited to do his part.  "I get to give my testimony in the big one today," he told me when I reminded him about where he was going to sit and what he would be doing.  He already knew:)  All the kids sat up in the choir seats during sacrament and tried their best to not wiggle during the beginning.  I sat with my class at the top of the choir loft.  Frankie is in the 4-5 year old class.  There he sat, right at the front, staring out at everyone and turing back every once in a while to wave and smile at me.  It was fun to watch him during sacrament.  He was so well behaved.  There were a couple shy kids and a couple silly ones but over all the kids did really well.  While we sang the songs I could here his voice ringing out above the others when he knew the words.  When it was his turn to speak he did such a great job.  He spoke clearly, wasn't silly, and said exactly what his teacher told him to.  He ended up doing two parts since one of the children wasn't there.  Instead of insisting on just saying his part (which I wouldn't put it past him to do) he repeated what the teacher said without objection.  It may not sound like much but those of you who have sat through Primary Programs before know what a big deal that is for a 5 year old.  As I sat there looking at the back of his blond head with the curiously swirled cowelick, listening to him talk about getting the priesthood when he turns twelve and about Jesus Christ's true church I flashed forward.  There he was getting ready to go on a mission and giving his farewell talk in my mind's eye.  I almost started bawling.  

Lissy  – (October 25, 2010 at 10:07 PM)  

That is so sweet - What a good mom you are! :)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP