Did you know Hippos smile?

Ok, I've been slacking on the posts with the move going on and all and I really want to avoid packing so what better way to do so than with a post?  We went to the zoo today.  Jesse and I decided to squeeze in one more visit before our passes expire.  We walked some different pathways and ended up at the hippos.  Funani, actually.  She was in the middle of the pool sleeping, completely submerged.  The kids were excited to see the hippo but she wasn't doing a whole lot besides coming up for air every 2-3 minutes.  I love hippos but let's face it watching a hippo sleep is as fun as watching grass grow... not a whole lot of action.  Just as we were about to leave one of the keepers came walking by.  She started to call the hippo by name and slap the glass.  The hippo perked up instantly and began lolloping over to where the keeper was.  She swam right up to the glass and, no joke, smiled at the keeper.  Her eyes lit up and her lips curled back.  It was the cutest thing I've ever seen.  I was able to capture the moment check it out.




Hope you enjoyed the hippo show.  I did some still life work today, LOTS of orchids.  Click on my photography website to check it out.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP