I need a reality show

I wish I could have had a camera man walking around with me today. There were just so many little moments that were funny and cute.

Frankie is on a dress myself kick right now. Some of his recent outfits have included a pair of fairy wings and tutu, a dinosaur hat that looks like the head of a dinosaur, plaid shorts with a stripped shirt and so on. He has worn the same accessories for the past three days. A too big for him Indiana Jones like hat and too small for him black rain boots. Today we were walking across the parking lot into the gym and as he skipped ahead I loved how darn cute he looked.

We went to The Barbecue Pit for lunch today to drop in on my Uncle Gary and get some amazing bbq. While I was getting something from behind the counter the boys remained at the table. When I came back Frank was engaged in a conversation with a lady passing by.
"What a nice young man you have there. They are both adorable." She said, "He introduced himself to me. It was nice to meet you Frank." I thanked the lady, turned to the boys and Ollie had the lid off of his drink and was wearing it as a hat.
"I talked to her." Frankie said.
"I can see that. How nice of you." I replied as I tried to wipe the lemonade out of Ollie's hair. His hair is white blonde. You can even see grass stains in it.

Movie: boys sat with me and we totally vegged. Both were still almost the entire time.

We were cooped up inside alot today because it was so hot. We went to Grammie's for a quick dip though. When we got there my mom was laying down in her room. I proceeded to sneak in there while the boys were distracted and hid from them. We were just laying there talking when I hear "Mom, where are you?"
"Maybe if we are real quiet he won't find us." My mom whispered.
So we pretended to be sleeping as the door slammed open. I felt his face close to mine.
"Mom, don't go to sleep!" Frankie said as we continue to play opossum. His face got even closer and I heard Ollie padding in behind him. I lost it and began to laugh.
"What are you doing?' he asked.
"I want to be with my mom." I said.

The boys were about ready to get into the pool but they insisted I skim off the bugs first. As I was skimming Frank was dipping a mop into the pool so he could swab the deck. My kids are crazy cleaners. They think a soapy sponge is fun. As he dipped it deeper and deeper he lost his balance and fell in. All I saw as I heard the splash and turned around were his feet disappearing. He popped up and grabbed the wall as I burst out laughing. He was deciding weather or not to cry. He decided against it because I thought it was so funny.

In trying to survive the rest of the afternoon we watched a Thomas movie. As they were watching I laid down on the floor. What a bad idea. The second I was on the floor I had two boys and one dog wrestling with me all at once. It was pretty funny. At one point I had a dog chewing on my hand, a kid across my back and the other almost on top of my head. Where is a camera when you need one.

Ollie's new favorite game: Covering the parts of my face. (when you read these don't say your r's and you will understand how cute it really is.) "I cover your eyes." " I cover your ears." "I cover your nose." I didn't like that one because he stuck a finger up each nostril.

Last but not least. I was coming down the stairs after the boys had their baths and were dressed. Ollie was already down there and had found a box. For those of you who don't know a box is one of the best toys in the world. He proceeded to put the box on his head and walk around the house trying NOT to bump into things and failing miserably. I just stood and watched as he walked down the hall and (bump) the stairs (bump) the wall (bump) the door.....

What a day.

Lissy  – (September 23, 2009 at 10:49 PM)  

Hi Rachel! Your boys are adorable. No wonder you're a photographer - maybe you should go into film too. Sounds like you just enjoyed the moment all day - what a fun family!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP