Downers! (not the pill kind)

My life has been full of downers this week (as some of you know who follow me on Facebook) and I have decided that I need to look back and find the silver lining. Here we go....


(five minute pause)

Frank learned how to do a cartwheel this week.

I got to work out by myself twice on top of teaching my two classes

Ollie hasn't earned a lasting bruise for over 48 hours (this is huge)

Jesse got OVERTIME!!! Who-hoo!

I went to a networking meeting for women and got about three new leads

I did a confectionary photoshoot and got to take home my "subjects" (all desserts)

Frank vacuumed my living room for fun:)

Jesse gave me a back rub

I got to listen in church today.

That wasn't too hard once I started rolling. If you really want to find what good happened in your week start writing what went wrong and end on what went right about the situation. Then, erase the negative. (Notice my spaces?) You are left with that silver lining you were looking for. I feel lighter and ready for a new week:) Have a happy week everyone!

Allison  – (September 28, 2009 at 1:35 PM)  

Love it! We need a reminder some days to look for the good - it's gotta be there somewhere!

Lura  – (September 29, 2009 at 1:39 PM)  

You are an inspiration, I think I'll do that writing down the negative and end up erasing it...what a good idea.

Thanks for sharing the good of your week :).

Lissy  – (September 29, 2009 at 9:19 PM)  

Awesome idea! You made a bad week sound pretty rockin' and those of us who weren't in on the empty spaces can only imagine what kind of craziness you went through. Here's to a(n even) better tomorrow! :)

Unknown  – (September 30, 2009 at 6:42 PM)  

I really like that idea. It's way too easy to focus on the negative. Thanks for the inspiration!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP