Frank is 3!!!!

This weekend was Frankie's Birthday weekend.  He turned three on Sunday.  My little boy is three!  I am a little weirded out by that.  Anyway on Saturday we when up to North County to spend the day with Jesse's mom.  We stopped at Buchaneer Beach first.  What a beautiful day.  The sun was warm, no marine layer, and a cool fall breeze blowing.  The water was a bit chilly but the boys had fun playing in the sand and throwing sand clots at each other and Dad.  I got to sit on the sand and watch:)  We brought Frankie's dump truck and let him run it up and down the channel.  Don't worry, we didn't let them play in the stagnant water, although they wanted to.  Ollie discovered that sea water doesn't taste good and Frank figured out that if he runs fast enough he can kick mud up from his dump truck's tires and get doubly dirty.  After hanging out at the beach we went to "wee-g's" and crashed.  When we were all rested and fed a trip to the park around the corner sounded like fun.  On Saturdays most parks in San Diego turn into fiesta central.  There are bounce houses everywhere and mariachi music is blaring but we got lucky.  There was only one party going on so the playground wasn't swamped with kids.  Frank is becoming more adventurous, and as you can see from the pictures below he learned to climb to the top of the jungle gym.  Ollie has always been a little monkey.  He plays on the bigger equipment all the time.  On Sunday we woke up and I told Frankie it was his birthday.  "It's my birthday?!"  He exclaimed, "Oh, thank you very much!"  All day he kept telling everyone "It's my birdday!" We had a great family party at my mom's that night complete with cake and presents.  Whenever Frankie would open a gift he would get a priceless look on his face, quiver with joy and say "thank you very much!!"  I have never seen a child more grateful for his gifts.  What a sweet little man he is turning out to be.  


Lura  – (October 22, 2008 at 9:33 AM)  

Happy (late) Birthday, Frankie! Sounds like you all had a great weekend to celebrate. I know what you mean, I can't believe how old these little boys are getting. I've realized that Jago and Frankie are no longer toddlers, they are quite firmly in the "Little Boy" category. I've also noticed that Gareth (and probably Ollie) aren't babies are are definitly toddlers. It's sad
:(. Good thing I'm having another baby. When's your turn ;).

Erin Hoy  – (October 22, 2008 at 12:24 PM)  

Oh my gosh! You have a 3 year old!!! That is so crazy!!! :)

Anonymous –   – (October 22, 2008 at 6:05 PM)  

It is so crazy having these little guys get old. Having 2 is what makes me feel old! Happy late Birthday Frankie though.
Taj has the same "all star" pajamas in the cowboy picture. They're so cute.
Thanks for the post on my blog too!

Whitney Carnohan  – (October 27, 2008 at 9:19 PM)  

Your boys are so beautiful!

It is crazy to see our kids get bigger and bigger. We are getting older and older too, I guess?! Where is the time going?

Enjoy! Your family is so cute and happy. I love your blog!!! : )

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP