Poop!

I have a gripe!!! Why is it that my almost three year old won't poo in the toilet?? He's been potty trained for months and he still would rather hide in a corner and poo in his underwear. I've tried timing him, punishing him, taking toys away but to no avail!!! I don't know what else to do. I've even started making him wash out his poopy underwear. I have come to the conclusion that I really hate poop. If anyone has any tips for stubborn little boys let me know!

Christine Capella  – (October 9, 2008 at 10:49 PM)  

I know that I am the theorist here, but a star chart working towards a goal that he and you(the parents)agree on and everytime he poos in the toilet he gets a star. I would start with three to five stars to begin with, reward then set a longer goal. That would be positive re-enforcement for a desired behavior. If you don't think a star chart will work, I can go back to the book and look for another positive renforcement tool. OH number one rule stars NEVER,EVER come off! If he doesn't go in the toilet just remind him of what he is working towards. Love YA

Lura  – (October 10, 2008 at 10:39 AM)  

From what I understand a lot of kids have this problem. It's like they have the idea that the poop is part of them and they are scared to flush it down the toilet. Honestly, I'm not sure how you can change this. Has he seen either you or Jesse using the toilet to poop? That's supposed to help. Also, do you just have a regular toilet or do you have a kid one for him or a seat that goes on yours for him? I know some kids are scared to sit on the great big potty (Jago is!).

Anyway, good luck! I'm still trying to get Jago to just want to sit on his potty so we can START potty training.

Jessica  – (October 11, 2008 at 8:17 AM)  

I had the same problem with Kurtis at Frankie's age! I tried bribs, star charts, taking away priviledges, everything you could possibly think of to get Kurtis to poop in the toilet, but to no avail. My solution was, Erin. She told Kurtis that she would not put a diaper on him so he could poop and that he had to go in the toilet. So he did and we never had a problem after that. So just have Erin come babysit and tell Frankie that he has to go in the toilet. It worked for me.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP