There is bad news and there is good news...

Hello blogging world. I have two stories to tell today that have nothing to do with each other so I decided to write them both in one entry and number them instead of using some sort of witty transition or trying to connect them... which I could... but I don't feel like it.
Story #1:
I got a disturbing letter in the mail a couple of weeks ago. A letter from my credit card company arrived saying if I continued to pay the minimum on the card, by their calculations, I would never pay off my debt. How kind of them to tell me what I already know! I am sure they did this out of concern for me. Or because now they have to disclose these things. Thank you government legislation. Haha! I have actually been pouring obscene amounts of money into that particular card and I still didn't feel like I was getting anywhere over all.
We all have it. DEBT! If you don't I am jealous and you can stop reading right now. For those of you who DO, read on. I have tried website after website trying to find a truly free, comprehensive debt calculator. I finally did. This calculator calculates interest and sets up a monthly payment plan that will have you debt free in a reasonable amount of time. I calculated mine and it gave me a three year plan to be completely debt free. That is if you stick to the payment plan. I realized, after calculating, two things.
One: It really does add up! A balance here and there and boom! You're in a 10 ft deep hole that you thought you were digging with a spoon.
Two: I had been going about paying the debt down the wrong way. Click here for the link.

Story #2:
Jesse and I took the boys out to get free Grand Slams at Denny's today. After driving to two different Denny's and seeing lines out the door we decided to go to The Original Pancake House instead and pay for lunch. While we were eating lunch we could see out the windows facing west and south. At one point it was raining outside the west window and not raining out the south window. That was kind of neat. Anyway, the boys got smiley face chocolate pancakes, eggs and oj. Jesse and I got sandwiches, salad, and fries. Frank and Ollie cleared their plates, ate two packets of crackers each and half of my fries. BOTTOMLESS!! We finished, paid, and left. As we were on our way to Walmart I realized I didn't leave a tip! I was mortified. It was in my mind all day. I tried to wave it away. I was distracted. Oh well. NO, I know what people in the food biz think when you don't leave a tip. I am cheap, but I'm not mean! Tonight when I was on my way home from the gym I stopped by the restaurant and went inside. The gal that served us was off for the night but I explained to another waitress what happened and asked her to give her my money. "Just tell her it was the family with the two little blond boys. She'll remember us. We were probably the only one's who didn't tip her today." So true. We laughed, and I left feeling much better about life. To sum up my day.
We went out for free lunch, ended up paying for it. I didn't tip the waitress because I forgot to. (seriously?) I got seeds for my garden at Walmart. I went back and tipped the waitress I forgot about. Yup, that was my day.



Lura  – (February 10, 2010 at 6:44 PM)  

www.providentliving.org is another great site. Once you're there, click on Family Finances to the left, then on the right there's "Online Financial Calculators." I found it very useful.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP