The ER....again

About a week and a half ago, when it was raining cats and dogs, we took a trip to the ER with Ollie. I was taking Pepper for a quick walk to do her business while my neighbor hung out with our kids at my house. All three boys were playing up stairs when Angele, my poor neighor, heard a few loud thuds proceeded by "I'm hurt" screaming. She came upstairs to find Ollie and her son, Bryson, crying while Frank is explaining over them "they hit heads!" He failed to mention that Bryson fell back into Ollie and he, in turn, fell back into the corner of the wall. Silly, non discript four year old:) Ollie turned to look at Angele and that is when she saw blood gushing down the side of his face, pooling in his ear, and soaking his shirt. She tried to call me, and failed. I didn't think I would need a cell phone for a five minute walk. When she couldn't get me on the phone and the bleeding was not stopping she called 911. I walk back into the house to hear her talking to the 911 dispatcher and bringing my sobbing child down the stairs. I got everyone calmed down, Angele included:) and assessed Ollie. He was slow to respond at first. There was a seeping gash in the side of his head a little over an inch long. It definitely needed staples and the calvary was on its way. Sheriffs, three, fire fighters, five and all their gear, our kids and us, six, made for an impressive crowd in our living room. I called Jesse at the station and told him that we were going to the emergency room. Then I carried Ollie out to the parking lot where the ambulance and fire truck were waiting. Why waste an opportunity for an ambulance ride, right?

"Look buddy," I said "They brought their ambulance for you to ride in!"
"I wanna ride in the fire truck!" he replied. Typical!
He settled for the ambulance when I told him that they had a special seat in it just for him. So off to the ER we went. When all was said and done we came home with three staples and a happy meal toy. Looking back I should have grabbed the staple gun they used for Ollie's head. It had plenty of staples left. That way the next time this happens I don't have to pay the ER $100 for someone else to staple up my kid. I am all about DIY.

joelandbecca  – (February 4, 2010 at 7:25 PM)  

Oh my! I am so glad he is ok. Gushing blood would probably make me faint! So well handled. A+!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP