Made With LOVE!

In an effort to make Valentine's Day a happier holiday in my life I decided that we needed to do something special. Frank, Ollie and I baked two cakes to celebrate the birthdays in February. Jesse's mom and my dad. My dad's birthday was on Valentine's Day and so was the day he passed. I do not want my kids growing up NOT celebrating this holiday because of me so I decided to celebrate my father's memory on this special day and make it fun for the kids too. Here are my litte chefs ready to bake!

everything was measured out just right:)
No, we did not end up with crunchy cake.
Getting out the lumps... Mom had to help with that one.
Ready for the oven!
Frosting with care, and licking what was left.
Sprinkled to perfection.
Happy Birthday Dad!

Unknown  – (February 15, 2010 at 8:09 AM)  

That's sweet Rachel. Your boys are so darling.
When I did Sharing time for Jr Primary, and we acted out the story of the person falling in the hole and someone coming to help, Frank shouted out,
"and it was a firefighter!"
So, I went along with it and said,
"yes, it was a firefighter."
He's so cute.

The Wilcken 7  – (February 15, 2010 at 8:21 AM)  

I'm so glad you did something fun with the boys to celebrtae your Dad's birthday! Love you Rachel!

Sarah  – (February 15, 2010 at 1:33 PM)  

I love that you are doing this! I wanted to do something similar, but baby took precedence this week for us. I love how your cuties are just totally into it!

Ashley  – (February 15, 2010 at 3:43 PM)  

Those are the cutest little chefs ever! Great pictures! And like I already said on Facebook, I love the idea of doing that to remember your Dad's birthday. You're a great mom!

Lissy  – (February 15, 2010 at 10:31 PM)  

What adorable pictures and a very sweet idea. Your dad was an amazing man, and I miss that your family isn't in the house across the street from us anymore, but I'm so glad for you and the wonderful family you have grown! And I'm glad for all the stuff you share on your blog. You have such a good attitude to life. Love ya!
Lissy

joelandbecca  – (February 17, 2010 at 7:22 PM)  

That is so sweet. Glad you had a nice celebration. That is a good lesson for your boys too. You are so strong!

Erin and Dave  – (February 23, 2010 at 3:11 PM)  

I love love love the picture of them looking at each other!!!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP