Rainy day

I know that I have not blogged in FOREVA but I had a good excuse. I'll write about that another time or I may not tell you at all.....anyway.

We have had plenty of rainy days lately and if any of you have kids you know it's hard to keep them inside for too long. One day on the way home from running errands Frank says
"I want to make a boat."
Random. Jesse and I just smiled and nodded.
"Ok, buddy." we said, thinking nothing more of it. When we got into the house Frank said it again... and again. I finally figured out what he was talking about. Last year when it rained our patio flooded. So I pulled out some paper plates, cut sails out of computer paper, made a mast out of a pen and stuck it to the plate with playdoh. We then sailed our ships on the lake of our back patio. Frank remembered that from last year!
Jesse, being the how-to king that he is, got on line and found out how to fold a paper boat. Remember those? We made on for each of the boys. They colored them with crayons and then we went hunting for running water. We walked for a while but finally found a good stretch of gutter. The boats had about 3 good trips in them before they collapsed and turned mushy. So we came back and Jesse made two more fortified with crayon coating and a spray painted bottom for good measure. I don't think those lasted much longer but we had a blast:) Yay rainy days. Thanks for making us get creative.

ps- blogger I hate you for bleaching out my pics. Why are you muting my colors? We are not friends.

Getting ready



first run







Frank was loving this







Ollie needed some help once the boat turned soggy



U.S.S SOGGY



Round two: Fortified boat
Happy Holidays everyone!






Lissy  – (December 16, 2009 at 11:18 PM)  

Great pictures! They looked good to my screen. Your family is adorable!

Arica  – (December 17, 2009 at 9:15 AM)  

how fun. (: ..i actually remember making paper boats for the rainy gutters with you sis erin back in the day! crazy. (:

joelandbecca  – (December 17, 2009 at 7:03 PM)  

How clever and creative! I never did that growing up....I guess I had a deprived childhood! ha! Have to store that one in my mind for a future rainy day.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP