Drive Thrus were made for moms

I don't care what people say about America becoming lazy, fat and complacent. Drive Thrus were created for moms and here is why.

example #1: I have two hungry kids in the car. They are so grumpy they are crying and fighting and I don't have anymore snacks in my bag. All I need is a small snack to get us all home in one piece. I most certainly don't want to haul them inside somewhere to eat and pay out way to much money for food the kids won't eat. Mc Donald's drive thru to the rescue! I order snack parfaits, pay out four bucks and have happy kids. Sweet!
Example #2: I need cash from the bank and all of the parking spots by the walk up ATM's are full. It will take double the time to get the kids out of the car, keep them wrangled in the bank, listen to them ask for a sucker a million times, and deal with a teller who thinks they are so cute they need two. NO, they don't thanks. Bank drive thru to the rescue! I can keep my kids strapped in their seats, push some buttons, get the cash I need AND I don't have to deal with the sucker issue. Thanks Wells Fargo for driving me out of your branch with sugar.
Example #3: I am sick as a dog but the only one who can pick up my medicine. I can now sit in my car so I don't put other people at risk of my cooties and get my meds. Thank you Walgreens and CVS.

I LOVE drive thrus! I think I'll drop off some dry cleaning just so I can drive thru to pick it up. Since America is all about saving time and money I would like to suggest a few more places that could use a drive thru.

Grocery Stores: Since we have express lanes lets take it up a notch! You order 10 items or less, a runner grabs your items (they have impeccable knowledge of the store) bags your items and you drive up to a window to pick up your groceries and pay. Women you can even phone in the order for the men to pick up so he doesn't get it wrong.
Blockbuster: I hate going through your aisles and aisles of movies not finding the one I want. Create a drive thru window. I give you the title and you grab the movie I want. Then I don't have to wait in line surrounded by candy and previously viewed flicks.
I am on a roll and could go all night but I won't. What else should have a drive thru?


Lissy  – (November 22, 2009 at 11:18 PM)  

That would definitely rock at the grocery store. I mean, how many times do you have to go back just to pick up a few basics like milk, bread and eggs? They'd just have to have some refrigeration units to store the cold stuff until you picked up your bags. That wouldn't be so hard. Then you wouldn't have to sit and look at the tabloids and candy waiting in line. They probably will never do it just because they want to keep you longer and get you to notice more things to buy.

Lura  – (November 23, 2009 at 10:34 AM)  

The post office. They should definitly have a drive thru.

Ashley  – (November 24, 2009 at 4:03 AM)  

Amen to that! Seriously, I love your ideas! The express lane grocery store drive through would be genius, EVERY mom would go there! It's such a hassle to get a 2 year old and a baby into a grocery store, especially when all you need are a few items. I just did that today!

Lura  – (December 4, 2009 at 12:44 PM)  

You know who shouldn't have drive-thrus, but do? Liquer stores.

I think I spelled that wrong. Oh well.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP