Moderation in all things

We have been commanded to exercise moderation in all things. What we spend, what we let consume our time and what we consume. The last was my problem tonight. Our family went out to a buffet for dinner for FREE.

Hello, who doesn't love free?! We went to the Barona Buffet. Jesse works as a fire fighter on the reservation. Every once in a while he will get a free pass and we'll take the kids out to eat. And, sometimes, when something is free you want to take full advantage of it. I did, to say the least. So much so, that after we were done eating I was in physical pain.
I have only eaten to that point twice in my life. Once when I was 19 at Claim Jumpers with my family and tonight. When I was 19 my stomach hurt, it was hard to walk and my pants almost ripped as I got into the car with my sisters. That led to the worst/best laughing fit of the year that almost made me pee my almost ripped pants. After that night I swore I would never eat like that again. I have been true to my word until tonight. I seriously could NOT breath on the way home. I was having pains in my chest so bad! My body is not use to this kind of abuse and it really took it out on me. So, through my own sad experience, I wish to share some knowledge with you all.
1) Stick to what you know is right! I usually get a helping of salad first. Filling up with the good stuff leaves less room for the "good" stuff.
2) Get water to drink. Refills are ok and water doesn't weigh you down: did I? Milk sounded good so I got a glass, a 20 oz glass.... x2. Milk needs to be processed like food not liquid so bad idea Rach!
3) If you like it going back for more isn't a crime.... unless you go back for more of what you want and then some other stuff too.
4) Dessert: 1 is a good number.
I am not a over indulger. I don't like the way it makes me feel. I really don't know what came over me tonight but what I do know is constant bad decisions lead to weight gain. Weight gain leads to unhappiness. Unhappiness leads to comfort foods. Comfort foods leads to bad decisions.... do you see where I am going with this???
Tomorrow I shall cleanse: Water, exercise, fruit, and veggies. Hopefully all that ruffage will clear out all that grease and junk!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP