Hand-me-ups?

One phrase: Hand-me-downs.

If any of you have siblings you know what I am talking about. The older sister usually gets all the new stuff and you get to wear it when she has grown out of it and is on to more new things. This was the story of my life as a kid growing up in a family of four sisters... and it still is. I have always been the "plump" or "curvaceous" one in the family. Up until recently I would get stuff from my older sister because she had lost weight. The whole "they are too big for me. Do you want them?" line was so common. When you are poor you take what you can right? Still, it bothered me that even though I was a health instructor I could not look the way I felt. I felt healthy and trim but I didn't look how I felt I should. Fast forward to today after a summer "hanging out with Suzanne Sommers" and twenty pounds lighter. New dilemma: None of my clothes fit! They are all too big. A new wardrobe costs a lot of money. What is a girl to do??
I have two younger sisters. Erin and Heidi. Erin recently increased her bust size so many of her shirts and bras no longer fit. I got to sift through two bags of clothes with labels like Hollister, Juicy, and Victoria Secret. My other sister Heidi is seventeen. That means growing and changing and growing out of things too. I dove into her DI bag before it got carted off and snagged some stuff that I wanted. If I am getting clothes from my little sisters should they be called hand-me-ups? So here I sit, decked out in everyone elses clothes, thinking: "It pays to be the little guy sometimes."

For those of you who want to know: Yes, I am still on the Suzanne Sommers food combinations. Yes, I love it. The great thing is you get to tailor the plan to you. Maybe I'll write about that adventure next time.

Ivy  – (October 16, 2009 at 9:41 PM)  

So lets see some success pics! Brag, boast, flaunt it baby! By the way, you're absolutely gorgeous at any weight, but congratulations!

joelandbecca  – (October 17, 2009 at 9:34 PM)  

That is definitely one thing that I miss about being single and living with a bunch of girls close to my size! First, borrow and sharing....second, when we cleaned out our closets! It was like a DI pile every other month and just random clothes galore!

That is awesome that you get to reap the benefits from having so many sisters! Style on cute stuff!

Amy Marie  – (October 21, 2009 at 11:49 PM)  

YAYAYA Rachel!!! love you!! And I will take your hand me downs any day, lol!! you got great style!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP