Mean Girls

Girls never change. No matter how old you get there will be some girl to make you feel insecure. I am a confident person but sometimes...


Thursday morning I went to Ralphs with Frankie to do some much needed shopping. I was wearing fitted jean shorts that came below the knee, a purple scoop neck top, and a waist-length fitted tan jacket. I had on gold flats and a multi colored scarf with a purple base. I felt I was well put together... for once. I tell you that to tell you this.
I was standing in front of all the cheese when I heard giggling behind me. Out of the corner of my eye I see two girls, mid twenties, walking by. As they walk by I hear," I wouldn't rock those..."
As I turned back to my cart I see both girls look back at me and continue snickering to each other. All of a sudden I feel like I am in a high school hallway. My confidence wavers as I see them continue to walk away. Then I take note of what they are wearing. Messy buns, t-shirts, pajama bottoms, and Ugges. Umm, ladies, frump city belongs to the hours of 11pm to 6am. I didn't judge too harshly because I remember my single days but if you're going to make fun of me you better be sporting something decent. So I silently breathed a curse of de javu on their future. One day, they too will be feeling like they actually have it together and then they will experience what they did to me.
Mean girls: Grow up!

The Wilcken 7  – (October 11, 2009 at 11:57 PM)  

I am so sorry! I always think you are dressed in the lastest fashions. Next time come to the store with me.... you can be the lady with the rockin outfit and I'll be the lady that needs birth control or a t.v. in my bedroom. People should keep their nasty comments to themselves.... I think you are fabulous!

Unknown  – (October 12, 2009 at 8:22 PM)  

I agree! I'll never understand why people have to be mean.
You always look so cute.

Calee  – (October 15, 2009 at 3:53 PM)  

Rachel!! I'm sorry! What a lame experience. Sometimes people just don't understand the effect their thoughtless words can have on others. High school girls can be vicious :(

High five for you for getting dressed and looking cute with two boys in tow! I'm sure you looked adorable :)

Calee  – (October 15, 2009 at 3:54 PM)  

Oops!! I just REread that - mid twenties?!! Ugh!! That's even WORSE!

Bad bad karma for those two!!

Unknown  – (October 15, 2009 at 5:30 PM)  

Thank you ladies! I feel the love.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP