My husband almost got me arrested!

There is a group of people in our ward that goes down to the beach every Monday for family home evening. They all pack dinner or come later for dessert. Our family decided to join said people at the sandy shores of La Jolla. It was a beautiful evening, though over cast, and the salty sea was a perfect 75 degrees. While Jesse and the boys were playing I cracked open an IBC root beer. Those are the ones in the fancy bottles that taste fantastic. Jesse bought them as a special treat for us big people. About 10 minutes later a cop rolls up, gets out of his car, and starts walking over to our group on the grass. We had about 25 people by this time. As he was walking I almost knew I was the one that did something wrong. He asked whose bottle it was.

"Mine," I almost shouted. I did not want someone else to pay for my hideous crime.
"That is root beer, right?" He asked smiling.
"Yea, it's IBC." I volunteered as I moved the bottle in my hand towards his face.
"You're not allowed to have glass anywhere on the beach."
"Oh, I thought it was just the sand." How dumb do I sound right now? There are "No alcohol, No glass, No smoking" signs stenciled every 20 feet on the sea wall. How did I miss that???
Thankfully the cop was cool. He told me I could put the root beer in a water bottle or a cup and drink it and stow my contriband in my cooler. Thank you SDPD for cutting a girl some slack.

joelandbecca  – (July 29, 2009 at 6:56 PM)  

oh that's a good one! I thought for sure it was going to be an alcohol thing!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP