You are stressing me out!

Quote of the day up there.  There are some days that is all I feel is stress.  I stress about getting the boys to school, stress about if my baby is getting enough to eat, stress about my photography business I left hanging etc.  I have learned how to let alot of that go but sometimes it creeps up on me.  Today I woke up to a baby with a snotty nose, diarrea and a fever.  All Charlie wants is to be held.  Awake or asleep, he must be held.  My boys are home all day and tomorrow and my hubby won't be back from shift till Tuesday.  As I type, my poor, sick little man is working it out in his crib because my arms and back are worn out.  He's not screaming bloody murder but no mom likes to hear a distress call from a sick child.  Five minutes kiddo.  Please, just give me five minutes.  I have noticed that when I am sleep deprived and stressed I eat.  If there are cookies in the house don't worry there won't be soon.  I walk by and instantly need that sweet uplift and energy boost (translation: sugar rush) that a cookie will bring me.  Most of the time I can resist the urge.  On a good day I'll consume one or two treats and usually it is after my kids go to bed.  It is my time to unwind and since I don't drink, I indulge.  On a not so good day, I snack on said treats rationalizing it is the only thing that I can grab quickly. (Charlie stopped crying... yay!) On a day like today... let's just say I have lost count of how many "rewards" I have given myself.  Stress eating is not something I am proud of and there are plenty of solutions that I can apply and have successfully done so.  There are just some days that I have to throw in the towel, grab two fists full of cookies and acknowledge that I will be back for more. (Ok, now he is just jabbering away between coughs.  Did I mention the nose??  Another round of saline for him)  Thank goodness tomorrow will be better. (He's crying again)  Mostly because I am going to go eat the last cookie we have so I can remove all temptation.

brooke  – (September 15, 2011 at 6:15 AM)  

I completely relate rachel! Cookies are my weakness, but especially when i am stressed. You are a good Mommy worrying about all those things. Keep it up, You are jot alone!!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP