Gems from my first grader

From the mouth of babes comes truth, at least what seems to be logical and true in their eyes.  Recently, my son Frank, has given me some gems to remember.  Here are a few of our conversations as of late.

One morning Frank and I were sitting at the breakfast table.  Charlie was still sleeping so I decided to hurry and get ready before I didn't get a chance to and ended up in my pjs all day.

Mom: I have to go get ready.
Frank: Yea, you need to put make up on. (ouch)
Mom: Why, do I need make up?
Frank: Yes, you need it to be pretty. (ouch, ouch)
Mom: So I don't look pretty without it?
Frank: No... yes... no... you need make up to be prettier. (nice save son)

Frankie started first grade this year.  He absolutely LOVES his teacher and talks about her all the time.  Mrs. Rice is a bit silly, which is what every first grade teacher should be.  The kids listen better to a little silliness.

Frank: Mom, Mrs. Rice (his teacher), can't have cocoa puffs.  Not a single one!
Mom: Oh, why is that?  Does she have diabetes?
Frank: No, she's old!
(I am so telling Mrs. Rice)

This last conversation was between Ollie and Frankie.  They were sitting at the table today eating a snack discussing juke boxes.  I have no idea how the subject came up but it did.  Frank was trying to explain to Ollie what the turn table did and what it played.

Ollie: Where does the music come from?
Frank: From these things called records that spin around.  That's what they use to call cds in the old days... records.

Oh how I wish I could carry around a recorder so I could capture all the nonsense.  I love it and know I will miss it when it is gone.





Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP