From the Mouth of Babes..

We were in Fast and testimony meeting today.  Jesse had to take Ollie out for a little "wiggle time" so Frank and I were sitting together listening to the testimonies.  Well, I was sitting and listening Frank was driving a car on the bench and trying to keep his car noises quiet.  All of a sudden he comes up to me and says "Mommy, I wanna talk."

The first image that came to my mind was him standing in front of the congregation and making animal sounds into the mike but the feeling I got was he can do it.  I sat for a moment and explained to him what to do.  I told him people go up there to talk about Jesus, the church, and how much they love the scriptures.  We are serious and do not play around when we bear our testimony.
"Can you do that?" I asked
"Ok," he nodded.
As we were sitting and waiting our turn I was more anxious than when I bear my own testimony.  He sat there quietly waiting and listening to the people before him.  When his turn arrived I got the stool and he stepped up.  Our building is older and the podium does not move so his head barely came up to the mike.  I don't know if anything but blonde hair could be seen by the congregation.
"Dear Heavenly Father, thankful for this day.... I'm thankful for my daddy.  I'm thankful for my mommy.  I love Jesus.  He is my friend.  In the name of Jesus Christ Amen." 
I would love to say he came up with that all by himself but he did not.  I helped.  The thing that touched me was that he took it so seriously.  He wasn't silly.  He spoke clearly and he meant what he said.  I am so amazed at Frank's maturity of Spirit.

Lura  – (May 4, 2009 at 12:12 PM)  

You really do have an amazing little boy.

joelandbecca  – (May 4, 2009 at 2:18 PM)  

What a sweet guy! Obviously he has been taught so well.

Unknown  – (May 4, 2009 at 9:04 PM)  

Jesse-
We just checked out your blog. Love it, please e-mail us, so you can see ours also. and keep in contact avdancer@hotmail.com (This is Alexis' e-mail)
Marc & Alexis Levie

Mike, Suzann and Family  – (May 5, 2009 at 1:06 PM)  

Hey guys... Happy to hear from you. We should really get together soon. Your boys are adorable. Check out our blog. I think you will be shocked at how big the kids are now.

Suzann and Mike

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP