Fats, Proteins, Carbohydrates, and Sugars


Listed above are the real four major food groups.  Lets not kid ourselves here.  But how much of what do we eat?  What do we avoid?  How do we know when we've eaten too much?  The answer to the last question is usually written on our hips, right?  I have looked at diets and philosophies.  I have seen the pills and restrictive portions/meals.  Something just didn't jive.  I kept looking and found something that really makes sense.  Suzanne Somers has a food combination philosophy that totally makes sense.  Don't be a hater.  I know some of you are thinking "She's been skinny her whole life.  What does she know besides the fact that she's got great genes." 

Not so my friends.  She came to LA to start her acting career at 29 and 20lbs over weight.  It's alot when your in front of the camera.  After years of yoyo dieting she discovered food combining from her son's french in-laws.  Through her research and books she has made it simple to recognize what to eat together, how to put it together with stellar recipes and what to avoid.  It's all about chemistry.  I think the reason I like this "diet book" is because it isn't a diet.  It is a lifestyle.  You can eat whatever you want.  It's about how you put it together.  Certain foods need a certain stomach environment to be digested and used properly by the body.  Fruits and carbs need an acidic environment and proteins and fats need a basic environment.  As I read her book I am enjoying her recipes and her insight.  She is over 60 and still looks fabulous.  Check out her website or her books.  You won't be disappointed.

Whitney Carnohan  – (May 3, 2009 at 5:09 PM)  

Suzanne is great! I love your little Easter photo of your cute family. Your boys are adorable!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP