Tug o war and Trains

We love our little Willis dog.  He makes our lives so much fun.  I admit, our family still misses Dextrose.  Frankie asks for 'my Dex' every once in a while.  One day Frank said he didn't want Willis anymore and he wanted to return him so he could have Dex back.  I wish it were that easy kiddo.  I explained to him that Dex went to a new home with two other dogs that needed a new doggie brother.  He seems to accept this explanation contingent on our visiting Dex and his new family.  The family that took Dex told us any time we wanted to come up and see him we could.  Seriously, how could we ask for a better home for him????  Anyway, Frank is beginning to see that though Willis cannot be ridden on he is still alot of fun.  Frank and Ollie got involved in a little tug o war match with Willis a few nights ago.  It takes both of them to give Willis a run for his money.  He may have stubby legs but he is pretty strong.  Here is a video and some pics of my rough and tumble brood.

Frank and Willis 
Ollie and Willis
DOG PILE!!!!

Of course when I finally got the camera out and shot some video Ollie decided not to participate but still, way cute.

A train, a train, a train, a train, would you, could you, on a train??
We went to Balboa Park's free Tuesday and got to see the TRAINS!  That's all Ollie could say over and over again.  The locomotive heaven put him in a complete state of euphoria.  He would walk from platform to platform, window to window.  "Train, train, train."  "Wow, train."  You get the picture.  They had a special display of Lego trains too.  It was way cool.  
Funny side story.  
Those of you who know me well know that my husband is a fire medic.  He's the Ricky Rescue type: he's never off duty.  We were almost to the park, coming down a steep grade.  On our way down we see a bicyclist flat on his back and his riding partner coming back up the hill.  Jesse begins to slow the car.  "We're going to stop, aren't we?" I ask annoyed.  Partly because I have to wait in the car with the kids and partly because I might miss seeing something potentially cool (call me a weirdy, the EMT is still in me).  As Jesse is getting out of the car Frank asks "were is Daddy going?"  
"He's going to help people," I said "because that's what he does."
"Oh," Frank replied, like that was the most logical explanation in the world.  SOOOOOoooo, Jesse gets out our over intense first aid kit and heads over.  Soon after, an unmarked police car pulls up.  The cop calls it in and within five minutes two more cop cars show up and a fire truck.  Frankie was out of his seat crawling all over the car.  "Mommy, look, there's one, two police cars and (long sharp inhale)  a FIRE TRUCK!!!!  We got front row seats to see a call in action and my son couldn't get enough of it.  In case you were wondering about the person lying flat on his back he had a dislocated shoulder.  Dang it!  I did miss something cool.  The funniest part about all this, our over intense first aid kit didn't have the one thing Jesse needed... a triangle bandage!  Welp, better put it on the list. ( the police officer had a small first aid kit in his car and he had one.  Shame on me.  I have IV bags and every gauge needle, bulk dressings and ace wraps but NO triangle bandage.... curses!) 

Doublebanker  – (January 8, 2009 at 9:43 PM)  

Nice photos...looks like they are having some fun.

Jessica  – (January 9, 2009 at 10:26 AM)  

Those boys are so cute! Sounds like you had a great Christmas! Miss you all tons!

Erin  – (January 12, 2009 at 11:28 AM)  

Your kids are just two cute. You can see the Browning side in them! Can you email me your address at mcwhirtererin@hotmail.com cuz I would love to send you an invite! Thanks!

Holly & Matt  – (January 14, 2009 at 9:27 PM)  

Hey Rachel- about the baby: remember our cousin on my mom's side who lived with us when she was 8? well she's 16 now and had a baby but can't take care of her right now, so at least for a while, my mom is her foster mom!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP