I feel dirty...

Why is it that TV has sunk so low or should I say our society has allowed so much?  I was watching an episode of one of my favorite shows, a medical show at that, and the first thing I see is two girls totally going at it.  This is suppose to be a medical drama not girls gone wild and let me say it was much more than an alluding look, touch and closing of the door.  I'm ok with that.  I get it, I can let the imagination fill in the rest.  If I wanted to see lesbian love making I would look for it.  It seems, now a days, one does not have to look for inappropriate material it just jumps out at you from the main stream.  Why?  Why does our society keep allowing the envelope to be pushed more and more in the name of tolerance.  I don't drop to my knees in a restaurant, fling my arms towards heaven and loudly praise God for the pancakes and eggs I'm about to consume.  I don't slap a mom in the face and yell at her to be a parent for not disciplining her daughter after the little girl maimed my son's face for existing. (no joke, Ollie did nothing.  Apparently he was standing in her way).  I don't yell back at the Mexicans who constantly call my boys racial names.  For the record, I might as well sling back "beaner" when they say "juanito."  It's not extremely offensive, but it's rude.  I am so done with society being indiscreet, indecent, rude, or just plain push overs (mom at the park).  I have been taught my whole life to "tolerate" and "understand".  "Boo" to my upstanding upbringing!  Oh how I feel like rebelling!  "Boo" to TV, how you have desensitized us all! "Hiss" to the indiscreet Christians who pray in the streets, hoping others will see them... you have your reward.  "Boo" to all you people who have no backbone.  You are the parent, act like it (can you tell I'm a little upset about this?)!  "Hiss" to the racial tendencies of our society.  Everyone is a little bit racist but that does not mean you need to share it!  Sorry for the rant, but I was hoping it would cleanse my soul from all the nasty things that has happened to me in the span of 48 hours.... it did.          

Holly & Matt  – (January 14, 2009 at 10:54 PM)  

ok was the show you were watching "House"? If not, we have quite the medical show/lesbian love scene coincidence here because a couple of days ago I was watching it and that's exactly how the show started! I was shocked as well...

Lura  – (January 15, 2009 at 11:32 AM)  

I have often wondered how our society could have gotten so screwed up. I really don't understand. It's to the point that everyone is so "tolerant" that there are no bounderies anymore. There is no more polite society, no more manners, no more real tolerance at all. My own personal rant, have you noticed that as white, Christian, conservative stay at home moms (and the same goes for our husbands) that we have to be tolerant of everyone else, but they can be as rude and horrible as they like to us?

Unknown  – (January 15, 2009 at 12:58 PM)  

To Holly, yes it was House. To Lura, AMEN!!!

Erin Hoy  – (January 15, 2009 at 1:27 PM)  

Amen and AMEN! The whole prop 8 really made me see things differently as well. There I was standing up for what I believe in and I was being called a bigot and I was being told that Jesus did not love me. Tolerance does not exist...

On a separate note, Ben and I canceled our cable a few months back because of money and I didn't want to cancel it! I love me some TV, but I have got to say that I'm SOOOO GLAD that we did - Why should I pay money to watch garbage??? Or in other words, Why should I pay my hard earned money to let Satan into my home??? Don't get me wrong there is some good TV, but you really have to search for it - such a shame...

Allison  – (January 17, 2009 at 2:41 PM)  

I agree with you - but don't just vent on your blog, I hope you complain to the network too! Let them know how you feel about their shows. If we all do this when we are offended by somthing, then maybe (a BIG maybe) things will change and we won't have to be afraid of what we see or what our children will see when we turn on the TV.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP