My first school event... what do you think?

Lately, I have been busy with the florist portfolio work but I also did an elementary school event.  It was a mother son Super Bowl Party.  It was my first studio, mass production shoot and I learned alot.  

#1: Don't start until you are 100% READY!  I was still setting up and people were beginning to get in line and pay.  I hadn't taken my test shots, or event finished setting up my tripod.  The event started at six and they were there at 5:45 for pictures.  I was stupid and let the crowd rush me instead of rushing them out the door.  As a result I got sub par pictures for the first few shots.  I'm sure the moms will like them but I was not satisfied and photoshop can't fix everything!
#2: Reflectors are key: I didn't have one because I thought I would have enough light all around but as light travels it gets lost SO I got harsher shadows than what I thought because I didn't have the compensation coming opposite my flash.  
#3: Make a check list AND double, triple check the list before you leave.  I had what I needed by the door but one thing didn't make it in my car.... my tripod!   Luckily, I go to every shoot I do INSANELY early so I had time to go get it, but still, unnecessary aggravation and stress.
I only had one technical "foul" (reflectors) for my first big event.  It went well once we got rolling and I got some really cute shots.  Check out my photography blog to the left and let me know what you think

Erin Hoy  – (January 25, 2009 at 10:24 AM)  

CUTE! I have been meaning to contact you... My dad used to be in the photography business and I was cleaning out his shed a few weekends ago and he has 3 photography lamps/flashes/lights that I thought you might be interested in... Email me and I can have my Dad email you pictures, info etc if you are interested. erin.hoy@sbcglobal.net :)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP