Taking a leap!

I am not one to put myself out there when it comes to my art.  Singing, no problem.  For some reason when I am given a chance to submit a photography piece for something I bow out.  I do this alot!  I have displayed once and was frustrated with the fact that people did not understand what I was trying to communicate.  I did the bridal phrase "something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue." with four seperate images.  Though I felt it was obvious not as many people got it as I had hoped.  That isn't the issue though. The big issue is I fear rejection.  I fear people looking at it and saying, "meh, it's ok."  I don't mind my peers constructive criticism.  I mind the girl-next-door not liking it.  I don't know why this is.  You are never going to please everyone.
Well, no more.  I have submitted four art pieces to choose from and one or two might be selected to be show cases sometime in June at a local gallery.  What???  Here is what I sent in.

Sea Ranch Northern California: The North Shore

La Jolla Shores: Alone but not Lonely

San Diego Zoo Hippo Exhibit: Coming up for Air

Kellogg Park: Free
 Even if I don't have a shot in Hades I tried.

Francesca  – (May 4, 2012 at 1:57 PM)  

Congrats on putting yourself out there! That's how I feel about playing my flute in public (too many memories of BAD recitals). Anyway, I love the second and last photos most!

Sheena  – (May 20, 2012 at 10:46 PM)  

I love your photos! You are quite talented! We should get you to take our pictures once our little man arrives. :-)

Jessica  – (June 17, 2012 at 11:40 PM)  

You ABSOLUTELY have a shot!!!! I LOVE the second and fourth one! They make me think of childhood and being free and just who you are and not caring what others think. You are just having fun being a kid!!! You are an AMAZING artist! Good at so many kinds of art and music it's a little intimidating! I love you mi hermana! See you soon!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP