Inspiration has many names... mine is named Chicken.


Yup that's right. Frank is at the age of budding creativity. He is pretending more... mostly pretending to shoot and kill bad guys with guns made out of Thomas the Tank Engine train tracks. Sometimes he just makes up silly names for things or sings what he is thinking. Let me tell you, that is entertainment.

For Christmas Frankie got a stuffed cat from his preschool teacher to go along with the book If You Give A Cat A Cupcake. After opening the gift and shoving it in our faces with delight over his new stuffed pet I asked him what his cat's name was.
"Burger," he said after a moment. My husband and I left it at that.
The next morning we asked Frankie what his cat's name was "Chicken," he replied.
"I thought his name was burger." I said.
"No, it's Chicken." Apparently this cat looked more like a Chicken than a Burger. So, Chicken it is. We have accepted Chicken for who he is and have even created a story in his honor. Frankie and Ollie wanted me to make up a story one night for bedtime so I did. They liked it so much I decided to write it down and try to get it published. Be prepared! I might post a draft or two on this blog for all you moms to try out on your kids to see what works. Will you all be my test group??

Lissy  – (January 5, 2010 at 11:24 AM)  

Cool cool! I've always wanted to try my hand at a children's book. Writing and illustrating. Inspiration is key.

Lura  – (January 6, 2010 at 7:48 PM)  

I'll try it on my kids. I always need new stories, and I'm not the best at it. You can see my best attempt on my blog, when Gareth asked for a story about snakes.

Jessica  – (January 6, 2010 at 8:59 PM)  

I'll be in your test group, if you post about my weight loss contest on your blog! :) Show me some love and it'll give you an entry into the $50 gift card drawing!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP