I own something!

My car! Jesse and I made our last payment on our car this month. Wow! I can't believe we are the official owners of our vehicle. Thank goodness we still fit into it:) Two hundred and fifty nine dollars a month is now... going to another debt. Debt is a scary thing. I am starting to see the light as we slowly crawl our way out of that hole we dug one swipe at a time. As we tighten our belts and put our plastic away I realize how lucky I am. There are those with thousands in school loans. Some have mortgages they can no longer pay. My debts? They are mostly self inflicted wounds from over rationalizations. " I NEED this because..." "This can't wait because..." " I can't save right now because.."

Shut up Rachel. Shut up.
Once I told myself that, it was a little easier to put a rubberband around all those devils and close them into a deep dark place. I have them available if something tragic happens (major mechanic bills etc) but out of sight out of mind really does work. If you don't think you can live without the credit cards think again. You can! Keep a balanced check book, work a budget, and once your money is gone, it's gone. I have to say it's quite liberating! The best part is... I own something!!!!!

Amy Marie  – (August 19, 2009 at 8:10 AM)  

Congrats Rach! I can't wait for that day to come for me! Unfortunately is about a year and a half away, lol!! Lucky Girl!

joelandbecca  – (August 19, 2009 at 11:06 AM)  

Awesome! Joel is a huge believer in paying cash for cars. So we now we buy used....not too big a deal, but I wish I had been converted to that belief years before I met him! It would have saved me that monthly payment! Congrats on owning your car! Getting that title is the best feeling ever!

Unknown  – (August 19, 2009 at 8:14 PM)  

We did buy used. I totally couldn't afford it. Looking back I should have had a lower budget. I didn't know what I was doing.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP