If you chance to meet a frown....

My children have a new game: Lets see how many of mom's buttons we can push before 9 am!

I'm not a huge fan of this game but they seem to enjoy it and love to tag team too. It's kind of like good cop, bad cop. One is fine and sweet while the other is weepy and/or grumpy. (Breathe, two... three... four...)
This morning we start off WRONG! It is a rule in our house to get dressed and then you can have breakfast. I do this because I hate having to haul the kids back up stairs after breakfast to get ready for the day. I tell Frankie to get dressed and get his shoes on as I get Ollie in his clothes for the day.
"Ok," he says... and starts to play.
"Frank, get dressed. Your clothes are right there."
"No, I don't want to." he retorts and runs to the bathroom.
?.... What? What happened in that thirty second time span? I decide to let it go. He knows he won't eat unless he is dressed so I figure when he's hungry enough he will comply. So, Ollie and I go down stairs to eat.
While I am downstairs I hear him go to his room to dress and two minutes later I hear crying, weeping, lamenting, and a bunch of blubbering I can't understand coming from the boys room.
"Just relax..." I remind myself "don't feed into it."
Once he finally calms down I find out he was crying because he needed help with his sock.
SERIOUSLY??? That much energy over a sock??
We finally settle down to eat, after the boys fight over whose turn it is to say the prayer, when Ollie starts.
"Ollie, stop rubbing your spoon in your hair. Your spoon is for eating your yogurt." I say, my voice starting to find it's edge.
"Grrrr.... you know what???" He growls at me giving me his heaviest eyebrows.
Frankie begins singing,"If you chance to meet a frown, do not let it stay..." I guess the food turned him into good cop.
"Stop it! I grumpy!" Ollie yells. I chastize him for yelling and it just gets better.
Frankie would rather run around the house instead of brush his teeth and cries when I tell him I need to help him.
Ollie insists on filling his OWN water bottle and spills some on the floor.
Frankie tells me as we are going out the door that he has some poop in his underwear.
Ollie is hitting Willis.
The rest of the water from the water bottle spills on the floor as we are stepping over the threshhold.... AHHHHGGH!
(this is where mommy looses it and both of my boys become perfectly compliant angels which almost erks me more at this point!)
All before 9 am.................

Whitney Carnohan  – (June 19, 2009 at 10:38 PM)  

sounds just like my mornings. it is always when you really have to be somewhere at a certain time. oh boys! such a funny post! ;)

Sarah  – (June 20, 2009 at 9:02 AM)  

just breathe! I'm sure this happens in a lot more households that they would care to admidt! Motherhood is hard and messy, and sometimes the big guns have to come out. :)

Unknown  – (June 20, 2009 at 9:26 PM)  

After I wrote it all down and reread it I laughed out loud. Kids make life busy that is for sure.

Christine Capella  – (June 21, 2009 at 9:11 PM)  

Moroni said make sure in the future to be more explicit, ("then Mommy loses it") he said you mean like Frank did in his pants? I laughed and thought you would too. Hope today is better then yesterday :)

Lura  – (June 25, 2009 at 7:12 AM)  

You know what? I read your post and laughed because it sounds like you could be talking about my day with my two older boys. I don't know what's gotten into them lately, but I can't stand it!

How can our boys still have so much in common when they are so far away from each other? I wish we could have playdates like we used to and spell each other!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP