Charlie is here

Yes, he came.  July 8th at 2:08 am little Charlie came into the world and has made our lives complete.  Aside from the usual baby stuff (sleeping 3-4 hours at a time at night) he is an easy baby.  He can put himself to sleep and loves to be held.  The boys are smitten with him and love to help me all the time.  My delivery was good.  I had to be induced because they measured my water and it was 1.5 liters lower than average.  The baby was in no distress at the time and they wanted to keep it that way so to my delight they suggested induction.  What?  I get to have my baby three days before my due date?  Woo-hoo!  We decided to induce nice and slow so I could labor as natural as possible but I won't go into the details too much.. gross.  I received an epidural about 7 hours in and they broke my water.  After about two more hours they started pitocin and within another hour and a half I told the nurse I felt the need to push.  In less than ten pushes Charlie came out loud and proud.  Jesse, as always, was a great coach.  Our nurse mid-wife was fantastic too.   Here are some pictures to commemorate Charlie's birth.

Me at 11 hours.  I know I look amazing... haha!  I believe this was taken as a contraction was coming on.

Charlie's first picture.  Not too happy about the flash!

Our nurse mid-wife, Mimi

After camping out on Mt boobious for about a half an hour.

Proud Dad

Super excited brothers!  Look at my handsome sons:)

Frank's first time holding Charlie.  He is still trying to keep count of how many times he has held him.

Oliver's first time holding Charlie.  Ollie calls himself the medium brother


My handsome guy at about a week old.

We are all doing well and adjusting to having our new family member.  Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

Classic Jones  – (July 21, 2011 at 7:12 PM)  

thats a VERY cute smile!!! Congrats!

Francesca  – (July 21, 2011 at 9:21 PM)  

That last photo is adorable! You do have handsome sons. I'm glad the delivery went well.

Jessica  – (July 28, 2011 at 7:13 AM)  

Thank you for posting pictures! He is so cute I want to die! I can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks.

Lissy  – (August 9, 2011 at 4:52 PM)  

Man that is a cute photo, and at one week! Love the dimples! You do have some of THE cutest boys I have ever seen. Hope you are feeling good and getting some sleep!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP